This is an agreement ("the Agreement" or “this Agreement”) between you and Risk Latte Americas Inc. (hereinafter called “the Company”). This Subscriber Agreement governs your use of the CARR CHALLENGE website, www.carrchallenge.com (hereinafter called “the Website”. We offer access to the Website to you conditional on your acceptance without any modification of the Agreement. Your use of the Website constitutes your acceptance of the Agreement.
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement at any time without advance notice and will post a notice of the revised terms on the Website.
"carrchallenge.com" is the interactive on-line educational website and an online social network (“hereinafter called “the Website” or “CARR CHALLENGE Online”) operated by the Company on the World Wide Web of the Internet, consisting of information, content and educational services, including but not limited to the educational quizzes in the areas of finance, financial engineering, applied mathematics and physics, provided by the Company, its partners and affiliates and other designated and qualified third parties.
The terms “Subscriber", “User” and “Member” refer to any person or business that visits our website and/or registers and/or creates a Profile on the online social network inside the Website for access to our free and/or premium services and content.
CARR CHALLENGE Online refers to the Website and other products and services, including but not limited to the access and use of the online social network residing inside the Website.
Description of the Service
CARR CHALLENGE Online provides users with the information, content and services (hereinafter called “the Services”) pertaining to the global quiz competitions in the fields of finance, financial engineering, applied mathematics and physics that will be held every year in various cities and university campuses around the world, including but not limited questions, answers and other content related to quizzes in the above mentioned fields/subject areas. The Services shall include, but shall not be limited to, the information about dates and timings of onsite, on-the-ground quiz events in each city and/or university campus, the disclosure of the format of the onsite quiz competitions, the details of participants and members of the audience, the judges for the events, the members of the quiz committee, etc. Further, the Services shall enable the users to create their profiles on the online social network, which resides inside the Website and which is an essential part of the Website, so that they can not only register for the onsite, on-the-ground quiz competitions but also communicate with other competitors and stakeholders in the competitions as well as partake in numerous other online activities, including but not limited to participating in online quiz competitions and games. The Services may further include display of advertisements in multiple formats and shapes and sizes, which may be necessary to enable us to provide the designated Services mentioned above. The Services may also include periodic communications from the Company and these communications shall be considered a part of the CARR CHALLENGE online membership and/or membership associated with being part of the online social network of the Website.
- This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions that apply to use of CARR CHALLENGE Online by the Subscriber. This Agreement is personal to you and is not transferable to any other person or entity. No third party is a beneficiary of this Agreement. By using CARR CHALLENGE Online and/or the Website (other than to read this Agreement for the first time), you agree to comply with all of the terms and conditions contained herein.
- The Company reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Website and/or CARR CHALLENGE Online.
- Specific data, content and information, including but not limited to those provided as part of the Services mentioned above, are provided by the Company for informational purposes only and are not intended for any commercial purposes or purposes for making a profit from the user, save as to generate any revenue from advertisers or companies providing endorsement of the Services or partnering with the Company. Any and all information, content and services, including but not limited to those provided under the Services as mentioned above, provided on the Website and/or CARR CHALLENGE Online, including the online social network contained therein, shall be totally FREE unless otherwise expressly stated by a service of a purely educational nature provided by a designated and qualified third party.
- The Company shall not be liable for any errors, omissions or discrepancies in the content, information or services, including but not limited to those provided under the Services mentioned above and the user shall be solely responsible and liable for any action taken in based on the information and services, including the Services, contained in or provided by the Website and/or CARR CHALLENGE Online. Further, the user hereby agrees to indemnify the Company for any loss, including financial loss, arising out of any action taken by the user in connection with his or her use of the information and services, including the Services, contained in or provided by the Website and/or CARR CHALLENGE Online.
- The Company may provide links to websites or services from other companies. The user agrees that the Company is not responsible for, and does not control, those web sites and services.
- The user agrees not to use the Website and/or the CARR CHALLENGE Online for any unlawful purpose. The Company reserves the right to terminate or restrict a user’s access to the Website and related services, including but not limited to the Services mentioned above, if, in the opinion of the Company, the user’s use of any of the services, including the Services mentioned above, violates or purports to violate, the sovereign and provincial laws of any country, infringe upon another person's rights or violates the terms of this Agreement. Also, the Company may refuse to grant the user the use of a name and/or a pseudonym for the use in the online social network of the Website that impersonates someone else, is protected by trademark or other proprietary right law, or is vulgar or otherwise offensive.
Posting, Uploading and Sharing of Content and Information by the User on the Website
- The user understand and agrees that when he or she deletes the Intellectual Property Content pertaining to his or her posts and comments on the Website, it will be deleted in a manner that is similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, the user is cognizant of the fact, and agrees, that the removed content may persist in backup copies for a considerable period of time.
- The user is cognizant of the fact and hereby agrees that when he or she publishes content and/or information on the Website it means that he or she is allowing everyone, including people of the Company to access and use that information and content and to associate it with him or her as identified by his or her name and profile picture.
Special Clauses pertaining to creating Profile on the Website
The user hereby unconditionally agrees that:
- He or she will not provide any false personal information on the Website, or create an account and/or a Profile for anyone other than for himself or herself without permission. Further, the user shall not create more than one personal account.
- The user is of the age of 16 and above.
- The user shall, at all times, keep his or her contact information on the Website accurate and up-to-date.
- If the user selects a team name and/or a profile name or similar identifier for his or her account, the Company reserves the right to remove or reclaim it if it believes that such an action is warranted and that the act is appropriate (such as when a company, body corporate, entity or a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
- The user shall not post content, information or take any action on the Website that infringes on or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the federal or provincial law of the land.
- The Company reserves the right to remove any content or information that the user posts on the Website if it believes that such content or information violates this Agreement or the policies of the Company.
The technology and software underlying the Website and/or CARR CHALLENGE Online is the property of the Company. The user agrees not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, reverse engineer, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right to the technology or software underlying the Website or the Services. The user agrees not to modify the software underlying the Website in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of such software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Website
You agree not to advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose unless you have our written consent to do so or such an action is allowed as part of the Service mentioned above or the policy of the Company and/or the terms of this Agreement allows such an action either at this moment in time or at a future date.
Unauthorized access to our sites is a breach of the terms of this Agreement and a violation of the law. The user agrees not to access the Website by any means other than through the interface that is provided by the Company and/or CARR CHALLENGE Online for use in accessing the Website. The user agrees not use any automated means, including, without limitation, agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access, monitor or copy any part of the Website except those automated means that the Company has approved in advance and in writing.
Use of the Website is subject to existing federal and provincial laws of the land and legal process. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall limit the Company’s right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to the user’s use of the Website and/or the Services mentioned above.
Monitoring and Indemnification
The Company shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content and information posted by a user and determine if such is in compliance with this Agreement. The Company shall have the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any content or information uploaded, shared or posted by a user on the Website. Without limiting the foregoing, the Company shall have the right to remove any information or content that it, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions of this agreement or otherwise objectionable.
The user agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its directors, officers, employees, affiliates and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of the use of the Website and/or CARR CHALLENGE Online.
Disclaimer of warranties and Limitation of Liability
IN ADDITION, THE COMPANY DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AS TO THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE, ACCESS TO, AND USE OF THE SERVICES. THE COMPANY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
ANY MATERIAL, CONTENT OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR CARR CHALLENGE ONLINE IS DONE AT THE USER’S OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT THE USER WILL SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO HIS OR HER COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL, CONTENT OR INFORMATION. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED BY THE USER FROM THE WEBSITE OR CARR CHALLENGE ONLINE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
Limitation of Liability
THE COMPANY AND ITS PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND LICENSORS ("THE RELATED PARTIES") WILL NOT BE LIABLE (JOINTLY OR SEVERALLY) TO THE USER OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR CARR CHALLENGE ONLINE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY AND THE RELATED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIAL, INCLUDING THE SERVICES, PROVIDED HERE ARE STRICTLY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE ONLY.
THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. THE USER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE AND/OR CARR CHALLENGE ONLINE.
Restrictions on Use
THE USER MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES FOR ANY ILLEGAL PURPOSE OR IN ANY MANNER INCONSISTENT WITH THE AGREEMENT. THE USER HEREBY AGREES TO USE THE SERVICES SOLELY FOR HIS OR HER OWN USE AND BENEFIT, AND NOT FOR RESALE OR OTHER TRANSFER OR DISPOSITION TO, OR USE BY OR FOR THE BENEFIT OF, ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY. THE USER AGREES NOT TO USE, TRANSFER, DISTRIBUTE, OR DISPOSE OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIAL CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER THAT COULD COMPETE WITH THE BUSINESS OF THE COMPANY. THE USER AGREES NOT TO COPY, REPRODUCE, RECOMPILE, DECOMPILE, DISASSEMBLE, REVERSE ENGINEER, DISTRIBUTE, PUBLISH, DISPLAY, PERFORM, MODIFY, UPLOAD TO, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS FROM, TRANSMIT, OR IN ANY WAY EXPLOIT ANY PART OF THE SERVICES, EXCEPT THAT FOR DOWNLOADING MATERIAL, CONTENT, INFORMATION FROM THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES AND/OR FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL, NONCOMMERCIAL USE, PROVIDED THAT THE USER RETAINS ALL COPYRIGHT AND OTHER PROPRIETARY NOTICES.
THE USER MAY NOT OFFER ANY PART OF THE SERVICES FOR SALE OR DISTRIBUTE IT OVER ANY OTHER MEDIUM INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE INTERNET, A COMPUTER NETWORK OR HYPERLINK FRAMING ON THE INTERNET WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE COMPANY. THE SERVICES AND THE INFORMATION AND CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN MAY NOT BE USED TO CONSTRUCT A DATABASE OF ANY KIND. NOR MAY THE SERVICES BE STORED (IN ITS ENTIRETY OR IN ANY PART) IN DATABASES FOR ACCESS BY THE USER OR ANY THIRD PARTY OR TO DISTRIBUTE ANY DATABASE SERVICES CONTAINING ALL OR PART OF THE SERVICES. THE USER MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES IN ANY WAY TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF ANY DATA SOLD OR CONTRIBUTED BY THE USER TO ANY THIRD PARTY. THE USER WILL NOT USE THE SERVICES OR THE INFORMATION AND CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN IN UNSOLICITED MAILINGS OR SPAM MATERIAL. THE USER WILL NOT SPAM OR SEND UNSOLICITED MAILINGS TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY USING THE SERVICES. THE USER AGREES TO COMPLY WITH ANY OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICES SET FORTH ON THE AGREEMENT.
THE COMPANY AND THE RELATED PARTIES DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DELETION, FAILURE TO STORE, MIS-DELIVERY, OR UNTIMELY DELIVERY OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIAL. THE COMPANY AND THE RELATED PARTIES DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM DOWNLOADING OR ACCESSING ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIAL ON THE INTERNET USING SEARCH RESULTS FROM THE WEBSITE. THE COMPANY AND THE RELATED PARTIES DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY SERVICE OUTAGES AND/OR OUTAGES TO THE SERVICES THAT ARE CAUSED BY THE COMPANY’S MAINTENANCE ON THE SERVERS OR THE TECHNOLOGY THAT UNDERLIES THE WEBSITE, FAILURES OF THE SERVICE PROVIDERS OF THE COMPANY (INCLUDING TELECOMMUNICATIONS, HOSTING AND POWER PROVIDERS), COMPUTER VIRUSES, NATURAL DISASTERS OR OTHER DESTRUCTION OR DAMAGE OF THE COMPANY’S FACILITIES, AN ACT OF NATURE, WAR, CIVIL DISTURBANCE OR OTHER CAUSE BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. AND IF YOU SUBSCRIBE TO ONE OF THE FEE-BASED SERVICES PROVIDED BY A DESIGNATED OR A QUALIFIED THEIRY PARTY YOU MAY NOT BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND AS A RESULT OF ANY SERVICE OUTAGES CAUSED BY FAILURES OF THE AFFOREMENTIONED SERVICE PROVIDERS OF THE COMPANY.
THE NOTES, ARTICLES, QUIZZES, QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AND OTHER REPORTS ("THE QUIZZ CONTENT") AS WELL AS THE INFORMATION AND THE CONTENT PROVIDED IN THE SERVICES MENTIONED ABOVE ARE PREPARED BY THE STAFF, CONSULTANTS AND AGENTS OF THE COMPANY USING VARIOUS SOURCES, SUCH AS BOOKS, ARTICLES, RESEARCH PAPERS, WEBSITES AND CONVERSATION WITH EXPERTS. THE QUIZZ CONTENT AS WELL AS THE CONTENT CONTAINED IN THE SERVICES MENTIONED ABOVE ARE STRICTLY NOT FOR SALE OR RE-DISTRIBUTION.
IN ALL CASES THE COMPANY EITHER SEEKS EXPLICIT WRITTEN AND/OR VERBAL PERMISSION FROM THE SOURCE (THIRD PARTY) OR REFERENCE BOOKS, RESEARCH PAPERS, ARTICLES AND/OR RECORDED CONVERSATIONS TO DISCLOSE CERTAIN FACTS IN THE QUIZZ CONTENT ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND/OR MAKE MINOR OR SUBSTANTIAL MODIFICATIONS TO THE FACTS OR TO CLEARLY DELINEATE THE SOURCE OF THE FACTS SO DISCLOSED IN THE CONTENT AS WELL AS ALL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ASSOCIATED WITH IT.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT OWN THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF IN THE QUIZZ CONTENT, UNLESS STATED EXPLICITLY, AND THE QUIZZ CONTENT IS STRICTLY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. THE COMPANY CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE AUTHENTICITY AND/OR THE VERACITY OF THE FACTS, FIGURES AND EVENTS MENTIONED IN THE QUIZZ CONTENT AND DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY FACTS, FIGURERS AND EVENTS MENTIONED IN THE CONTENT.